How To Sleep Better And Reduce Anxiety
Posted on 27 June 2015
Have you ever felt so suffocated by negative thoughts and stress that you just couldn't fall asleep? I often feel that way and it just sucks. I've found two helpful ways to ease anxiety and transport yourself into a blissful, relaxing sleep.
1. JUST BREATHE
You may have seen an article while trolling Facebook about "How To Fall Asleep In Under 1 Minute". Guess what? I've tried it and IT WORKS. It's called The 4-7-8 Exercise and this is how to do it:
1. Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound.
2. Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four.
3. Hold your breath for a count of seven.
4. Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count of eight.
5. This is one breath. Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of four breaths.
2. JUST SIT
I am a huge supporter of meditation, especially for stress relief. I discovered two apps that are extremely easy to use and very helpful in reducing stress and anxiety.
Has anyone else tried these methods to help fall asleep? Please share your comments!